This site is an online platform to support the Occupy Our Homes movement around America. We want you to participate here and help support people who are fighting bank power and making sure that everyone has a home. What does participating in this community mean?
- This is a space for people who want to create a just housing system in America. At times we might disagree with what is and isn't best for the 99% – that's healthy but we reserve the right to remove campaigns that aren't supportive of the idea that everyone deserves a home.
- We believe in that Wall Street banks have created a destructive housing system which only serves the 1%, at the expense of the 99%. If you'd like to debate this fact that's fine, the internet is a big place and you can easily do it somewhere else.
- We want to rebuild the economy and create a more just society. If you think the Occupy movement is misguided and everyone should be on their own in a lawless dystopia where only the strong survive, that's fine - but we won't tolerate hate, racism, sexism or homophobia on this site.
- You're responsible for keeping your campaign up to a reasonable standard and doing the grunt work. Requests for support at 2am will be ignored unless it is an absolute emergency.
- Not all campaigns will be treated equally. This is a conspiracy of limited time and resources. We have a shoe string budget and overworked organizers and volunteers and will invest more in campaigns that we think are going to make a big impact or are close to winning.
- If you leave nasty comments, you'll be asked to leave.
- There might be glitches, bugs and inconveniences along the way as we live together. If this happens please be patient – we'll try to fix things as soon as we can but our website moderators work hard and don't deserve to be badgered.
- Sorry about the long list! If all this sounds good then welcome, have a look around and make yourself at home. We're ready for you to start organizing!